My new room


This is a short post, I just wanted show you guys my room here in Bluefields. I live with a young couple named Deborah and Winston and they have a 9 year old daughter. Deborah and I work together at the health center. She’s an obstetric nurse and is currently getting a masters in reproductive health at BICU, one of the universities here. Her husband Winston works at BICU in the business school. He travels a lot throughout the coast visiting all the other satellite schools in the RAAN and RAAS. They speak Creole and Spanish, but for the most part we communicate in Spanish. Deborah has a lot of family and they live in the same neighborhood. In fact, my site mate Srujana lives with one of Deborah’s sisters a few houses down. In front of our house is a baseball field (mostly red clay) where both children and adults get together for baseball and softball games. On Sundays Winston even plays for our neighborhood team. People play soccer here and even basketball too, but baseball reigns supreme as the most popular sport.

Soon I’ll post pictures of the health center and the neighborhood. I’ll live here with Deborah just for two months and then I’ll move into my own place. Currently, I’m on the hunt for places to rent. It’s turned out to be a tricky process!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario