first care package received!



This morning when the white Peace Corps truck showed up with mail and meds, I could have hardly thought there would be something for me besides chloroquine. But guess what?! I didn’t just get my first piece of mail, I got my first package! And it’s from my friend Sally Caneer! The best-est friend ever! It was filled with things like delicious chocolates and nuts and Starbucks mocha hot chocolate mix! Oh my! And best of all, a beautifully handmade blouse from Kiribati. Its hot pink and I can’t wait to wear it. It will totally be a hit among the Nica ladies, for sure.

In case you are wondering, Kiribati is an island nation in the central Pacific Ocean. Sally was in the Peace Corps there a few years ago. Afterward, she got her Master of Public Health at Tulane and has since returned to work for the Ministry of Health there. She kept a blog called “Return to the Islands” that you can reach from this page under “Blogs I follow” in the right hand column. Now she is back stateside and is able to send fabulous packages to her newly deployed Peace Corps friend. Having been a volunteer herself, she really knows how to fill a care package. Thanks for the splash n’ go and the special potpourri! Yeah, you right.

I just can’t thank you enough. I love ya Sal!

1 comentario: