Elder Flagg and the Bigg Love Jam

So Lenka has discovered that the wonderful guitar music she hears every night and morning is coming from her Mormon neighbors. I think we’re going to try to hang out with them at some point, though we are not entirely certain that they are allowed to hang out with girls. Since Liz plays the guitar too, and Lenka, Rita and I like to listen we think it could be fun and totally interesting. Only one of them, Elder Flagg, is from the US and the rest are from countries throughout Central America. Lenka and I met them in the street recently and since then have seen them around quite often. We’ll see what comes of it. Until then we’ll be referring to them as Elder Flagg and the Bigg Love Jam.

The other day at the market in Jinotepe, Rita and I spotted a bootleg copy of Black Swan and snagged it for 20 cordobas…less than $1! This was the ONE movie I wanted to see before leaving the states and just wasn’t able to make it happen. But now my bootleg dreams have come true! Its not even dubbed in Spanish and I can turn off the subtitles. AND it plays on my computer without a problem…Rita didn’t have such luck.

Other news: We spent the day in Diriamba receiving technical charlas on the role of the volunteer in development and the NicaSalud network of NGOs working throughout the country. The NicaSalud network consists of 24 organizations that work in various departments and in various sectors, but primarily in the health sector. Depending on what department my site will be located in, one of the organizations in the network may be located there as well. As volunteers, we are encouraged to collaborate with them.

SPIDER!

Just now, my host dad Pedro called me over to come check out the gigantic spider that he was about to kill in the living room. Of course I screamed and he thought it was hilarious and then murdered the thing right away. It was literally the size of my hand and super furry. Never have I seen such a thing in its natural habitat. He said they only come inside sometimes and like to be on the wall at night. All I can say is thank heavens for my mosquito net. Sweet Dreams!

1 comentario:

  1. Can I just say that I'm really excited about Elder Flagg and the Big Love Jam. I hope this works out and there is a video jam session post in the near future.

    ResponderEliminar