Volcán Masaya
















Last Saturday morning, instead of our usual meeting in Masatepe, our training staff took us to Volcano Masaya for fun and a short hike. However, before hiking we had a short training on diversity at the visitor’s center of the park. Here, I got lots of great photos of my co-trainees.

Then, our logistics coordinator (better known as shepherd of the flock) Eduardo, drove us up to the top. This was my first time to see a volcano! This particular one is active, like most volcanoes in Nicaragua and is called the Gateway to Hell. We climbed 177 steep stairs to a lookout point that provided the best vantage point for looking down into the volcano. The smoke and sulfur were really strong and burned my eyes and throat. I got great pictures of trainees from the Healthy Lifestyles group. The boys, Nic and Nelson, were particularly photogenic that day.

I’m looking forward to visiting more volcanoes whenever we are allowed to start traveling. From El Rosario I can see Volcano Mombacho in the distance so I think that one will be next on my list!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario